My iPhone, and our amazing world...amazing.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mayday Mayday! What does it mean?

Share it Please
Some say it's from the French phrase for come help me!
Venez m'aider
(The last bit sounds like "mayder")

Whatever the origin, it's an amazing time for flowers
and frankly I feel lost in the awesome beauty of this season.
Like this, from my front yard.

Mayday is used to announce a life-threatening situation, at sea or in the air, not so much in the garden.  Sometimes first responders have used it too.
Did you know it is a federal crime to make a false Mayday call?

This rose is no faker though, looks good as it smells.  


You can get six years in prison for crying wolf in the United States, that's what Wikipedia says. 


I feel weak at the sight of single petal roses, like this one from my garden.  I might need to be rescued else I'll sit outside all afternoon.  But, as the saying goes, you SHOULD go outside because the graphics are AWESOME.


Mayday as a call for help was invented by Frederick Stanley Mockford in London in response to a request to think up a word that would clearly be understood and communicate urgency.
M'adier, M'aider, Mayday.
I guess.

This one's fragrance should have a license.


Senders of urgent message for rescue are permitted to interrupt other transmissions.  We're supposed to stop gabbing on the airways when we hear a distress call, like we are supposed to move on over to the side when we hear an ambulance siren announce its urgent mission.


And it's not just roses hey!
Things are getting out of control here.


Help me
I think I'm falling
In love again
When I get that crazy feeling
I know I'm in trouble again
I'm in trouble
'Cause you're a rambler and a gambler
And a sweet taIking ladies man
And you love your lovin'
But not like you love your freedom


Help me
I think I'm falling
In love too fast
It's got me hoping for the future
And worrying about the past
'Cause I've seen some hot hot blazes
Come down to smoke and ash
We love our lovin'
But not like we love our freedom


Oh Joni!


Are you going to let me go there by myself
That's such a lonely thing to do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers