My iPhone, and our amazing world...amazing.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Look, No Protective Glass

Share it Please
Yup, you can just open the window in this Johannesburg hotel and fling yourself out with abandon.  But why would you want to?  I don't like it when hotels in America allow only a sliver of a crack in the room windows.  I love sleeping with the windows wide open.

I've become so accustomed to being protected that when we visited South Africa in 2007 the vastness of a open window view up in the sky was disorienting and I felt like I was going to fall out even when I was way on the other side of the room!

1 comment:

  1. I once stayed on the 73rd floor of a hotel in Singapore that had a full balcony and no protective railing. I actually made it out there once, yes to take a photo, but my back never left the side of the building!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers