My iPhone, and our amazing world...amazing.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Exotic Chang Mai: Pizza Hut, Starbucks and Seven Eleven

Share it Please

I had a great walk through Chang Mai's night market area, during the day.  It's exciting and exotic and different and fast and smoggy and fun.  And right there in the middle of it all is Pizza Hut, Starbucks and Seven Eleven.  In Denpasar too, and Hong Kong, and just everywhere, I'm guessing.

Cities in the United States have sameness to them too, when visiting malls and airports.  Same brand stores, same major retailers, same everything.

I love a deal!  And I love a unique experience and something made with love and care.  I love a local delicacy that can't be found anywhere else.  I'm slightly disappointed when I find Pizza for sale in a place where I was expecting Pad Thai.

Well, not always.  Sometimes, when away for extended periods of time in exotic locations a little latte and slice of something familiar can do wonders to help coping mechanisms stay in good shape.  I confess, no matter how lovely the place I am visiting, coming home still hasn't lost its charm.  And neither has going wherever I'm going.  Even if Startbucks, Pizza Hut and Seven Eleven will be there to meet me.

You may also enjoy reading:

Himalayan Salt Lamp
The Healing Power of Humor



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers