My iPhone, and our amazing world...amazing.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mother Earth Blessing, Peru

Share it Please
The temple of the moon sits above the city of Cusco, Peru and can be travelled to in the still developing suburbs over dirt roads.  That is, if the bus doesn't get stuck in the newly soggy mud from the early rain.  No worries... we all got out and wlked the rest of the way.




Barking dogs, herds of sheep, and wildflowers, and then a perfect little spot the shaman and his family selected for our offering cereony to the Earth Mother and the spirits of the mountains.



After the preparation we were invited to place personal objects among the offering so that they might be blessed.  We were invited to bring our prayer request, or intention into our minds for the ceremony.  I started calling into my awareness the names of all the people I know in my lives.  I sat quietly and listed them, bringing their faces into my awareness as best I could and then, all of a sudden, I was being blessed by the shaman and his wife.



Afterwards, we were taught how to chew the sacred leaves.  We probably should have chewed them before the ceremony, but we are beginners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers